LFNC School of Government Scholarship Application
Welcome to the Local Foundation of North Carolina (LFNC) UNC School of Government Scholarship Portal
All applicants need to create an account by selecting the Register button at the top of the page!
Members of Local Government Federal Credit Union (LGFCU) and Civic Federal Credit Union (Civic), who are also local government employees, are eligible to apply for a scholarship*. Funds can be used to help cover the cost of tuition for conference, classes and seminars offered by the UNC School of Government.
The Scholarship Selection Committee reviews applications based on the course start date and applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- March 1 - courses starting between April and June
- June 1 - courses starting between July and September
- July 1** - application review for Municipal and County Administration course only
- September 1 - courses starting between October and December
- December 1 - courses starting between January and March
*Applicant's membership will be verified and will be notified if ineligible to apply for a scholarship. Membership with State Employees' Credit Union does not qualify an applicant for the School of Government scholarship.
**Individuals wanting to attend the Municipal and County Administration course should apply even if course acceptance through the School has not been announced. The Scholarship Selection Committee may not consider applications for individuals who apply after finding out about course acceptance.